Whether you’re just starting out or have been in business for years, drone technology is worth considering. Drones offer a number of benefits for businesses, from increased efficiency and cost savings to improved safety and security. If you’re on the fence about whether drones are suitable for your organization, read on to learn more about what they can do.
Find the Right Drone for Your Business
The first step to figuring out whether drones are suitable for your company is finding which type of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) is the best fit. There are several different types, from the multi-rotor units that have been popular in recent news to long-range planes and custom-built devices. The choice depends on your plans for the UAV. For example, if you want to do some aerial photography or film production, multi-rotor devices are among the best. On the other hand, if you’re going to use it for business purposes like surveying land or taking measurements, a plane unit may be more your speed.
What can drones do?
Once you’ve decided what type of unit is right for your business, think about its capabilities. Drones come with several benefits, such as:
- Improved safety and security
- Reduced costs and increased efficiency
- Better communication and coordination with customers and employees
- Easier transportation and storage
Using a drone for business purposes boosts productivity, increases profits, and makes dangerous jobs much safer. There are many ways that drones can improve your company’s bottom line, from capturing images of commercial properties or sites to autonomously inspecting oil rigs without putting employees in harm’s way. Drones can help you perform various services more efficiently, from taking measurements and capturing real estate footage to inspecting bridges and other tall structures.
Get a License and Insurance
In the United States, it is essential to understand specific FAA rules and regulations concerning both hobbyist and commercial use of Unmanned Aerial System (UAS).
The FAA regulates commercial operations in the US. The agency requires that all commercial operators obtain a certificate of authorization or waiver before flying their UAS, although this rule has some exceptions. For example, businesses are not required to get authorization to use their UAS for filming on closed-set movies and television shows. All other applications must be submitted through the FAA’s online portal. It is important to understand what rules apply to your UAS operation before you start using one for business purposes to ensure compliance.
What are the different types of drones?
As mentioned earlier, there are many different types of drones on the market today. The most common types include multi-rotors, planes, and hybrids.
- Multi-rotor units are the most popular type of drones, as they are relatively inexpensive and easy to use. However, they can’t carry much weight or stay in the air for a long time.
- Commercial drone operators have favored planes because they can carry heavy payloads for a long period of time without needing to land. This makes them perfect for long-distance deliveries (without landing) and other large-scale commercial activities.
- Hybrids are easy to control and carry a decent payload, making them ideal for amateur drone users who don’t want to break the bank or spend too much time learning how to fly one. However, it is important to note that they typically cost more than multi-rotor units and planes.
Consider what you want to do with a drone – Take photos, videos, or map data?
As a business owner, you need to understand what tasks you want your drone to perform before purchasing one. For example, if you’re going to take photos and videos of your company’s commercial property, then a small multi-rotor or plane may be the best option for you. This type of unit typically carries a small payload and is relatively inexpensive.
- If you want your drone to carry more weight, then a plane is the best option available on the market today. This type of UAS has proven to be very popular among commercial drone users due to its superior carrying capacity. However, this unit is expensive and difficult to pilot for newbies.
- If you are looking for the best of both worlds, then a hybrid drone is an excellent option to consider. This unit is more expensive than a multi-rotor model, but it can carry heavy payloads and be easily controlled by amateur operators.
In addition to choosing between multi-rotors, planes, and hybrids, you also need to consider the quality of the drone’s camera. For example, if you are looking for an affordable unit that takes sharp aerial images without too much effort on your part, then you should try to find one that is equipped with a high-quality gimbal. This particular feature makes it easy to take stable videos and photos from any angle, even when the drone is not flying in a perfectly straight line.
If you are looking for help creating a stellar SEO or digital marketing strategy, let ViviScape and DroneBroker be your partner. Our team of aerial drone photography experts with DroneBroker are ready and waiting to develop an innovative plan that drives sales by producing high quality content with aerial imagery and footage. We have a fleet of drones along with experienced pilots to provide drone footage for your business. Contact us or give us a call at (574) 207-6511.