When it comes to your business, first impressions matter. A lot of times, people will make a snap judgment about your business based on its appearance—and that includes the photos you use on your website and social media platforms. If you want to give your business the best chance to succeed, you need to make sure that you’re putting your best foot forward with high-quality, professional photos. Here’s why:
- People are visual creatures.
- First impressions matter.
- A picture is worth a thousand words.
- Professional photos make your business look more credible.
- People buy from people they trust.
- Experience & Equipment
- Lighting Expert
- People are visual creatures: According to research from 3M, we process visuals 60,000 times faster than text. That means that people are more likely to engage with and remember your business if they see professional photos rather than just text or a low-quality image.
- First impressions matter: You only have one chance to make a first impression—and that goes for your business, too. potential customers will make a judgment about your business within seconds of seeing it, so you want to make sure that those first few seconds count by using professional photos that accurately reflect what your business is all about.
Customers judge the quality of your product or service based on the quality of your visuals.
If you’re selling a luxury item or service, potential customers will expect to see luxurious-looking visuals to match. Low-quality photos send the message that you don’t care about your product or service enough to invest in high-quality visuals, which means they probably won’t invest in your product or service, either. If you’re ready to take your business to the next level, contact ViviScape’s marketing team today to book a session.
- A picture is worth a thousand words: A good photo can say a lot about your business without you having to say anything at all. Professional photos can convey the feeling or atmosphere of your business, which is something that text simply can’t do as effectively.
- Professional photos make your business look more credible: If you’re using low-quality, amateurish photos on your website or social media platforms, potential customers might not take your business as seriously as you’d like them to—which could hurt your bottom line in the long run. On the other hand, if you’re using high-quality, professional photos, potential customers will see that you’re running a serious operation and will be more likely to do business with you as a result.
High-quality images make you look credible and trustworthy.
In today’s age of digital misinformation, it’s more important than ever to appear credible and trustworthy to potential customers. Low-quality images make it look like you cut corners, which will make customers question whether or not they can trust you with their business.
- People buy from people they trust: At the end of the day, people want to do business with companies they feel they can trust—and one of the best ways to build trust with potential customers is by using professional photos that show off the real people behind your brand. When potential customers see real people in your photos (rather than just logos or product shots), they’ll be more likely to connect with your company on a personal level and feel like doing business with you is supporting fellow humans rather than faceless corporations.
- A professional photographer has the experience and equipment necessary to get the job done right.
Hiring a professional photographer gives you access to someone with years of experience in lighting, composition, and post-processing techniques. They also have access to high-end equipment that can make a big difference in the quality of your final product. This is especially true with lighting equipment. You can tell the difference between professional headshots of staff with proper lighting versus those shot with a cellphone camera.
- Poorly lit or composed photos can do more harm than good.
A poorly composed or badly lit photo is often worse than no photo at all. Hiring a professional photographer ensures that your photos are well lit and composed in a way that flatters your product or service instead of making it look bad.
Your photos are often the first introduction potential customers have to your business.
Your website, social media platforms, and even physical marketing materials like brochures are key places where customers form their first impression of your business. If those introductions feature low-quality photos, it’s going to be tough to convince customers that you’re worth their time and money.
Professional Photography Impresses
As a small business owner, it’s important to put your best foot forward at all times—and that includes using professional photos on your website and social media platforms. High-quality, professional photos will make potential customers more likely to engage with and remember your brand—and ultimately do business with you instead of one of your competitors who might be using lower-quality images instead.. If you’re not currently using professional photos for your business business but aren’t sure whether it’s worth the investment, keep these seven benefits in mind—you might just decide it’s time to book a photoshoot after all. ViviScape’s photography team will be here to help when you need us. Contact us or call (574) 207-6511 to schedule your professional photoshoot.